EPCRA Tier II Reporting
Submission of Tier II form is required under Section 312 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 (EPCRA). The purpose of this form is to provide State, local officials, and the public with specific information on potential hazards. This includes the locations, as well as the amount, of hazardous chemicals present at your facility during the previous calendar year.
According to the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) section 11022. Emergency and hazardous chemical inventory forms subsection (d)(2), Tier II forms must make the following information available to state commissions, local committees, fire departments, other state and local officials, and the general public.
- The chemical name or the common name of the chemical as provided on the material safety data sheet
- An estimate (in ranges) of the maximum amount of the hazardous chemical present at the facility at any time during the preceding calendar year
- An estimate (in ranges) of the average daily amount of the hazardous chemical present at the facility during the preceding calendar year
- A brief description of the manner of storage of the hazardous chemical
- The location at the facility of the hazardous chemical
- An indication of whether the owner elects to withhold location information of a specific hazardous chemical from disclosure to the public under section 11044 of this title
For more information on Tier II reports visit: Tier II